- Video: How to Notch a Cigar Box for Neck Installation
- A Step-by-Step Guide On How To Make a Straight Headstock
- “Down To The River To Pray” 3-String Cigar Box Guitar Lesson [VIDEO]
- Crazy Arms Performed By Ray Price 3-String Cigar Box Guitar Tablature
- Twenty Flight Rock by Eddie Cochran 3-String Cigar Box Guitar Tab
4 thoughts on “Video: How to Notch a Neck for a Neck-Through Cigar Box Guitar”
hi, great video, so, when adding a pickup, could it work with a 3/4″ thick neck like the one in your video? seems like the wood is getting a little thin, since the pickup I’m looking at is 11/16″. Suggestions? Looking at buying a neck from here: http://www.cbgitty.com/cigar-box-guitar-parts/standard-cigar-box-guitar-necks-select-wood-headstock-and-fretting-options/ How would you prep the neck for a pickup? thanks
Thanks Glenn, just the straight forward and well paced video I was hoping to be able to find…
Thank you for giving the videos a look. Hopefully they are as helpful as they are fun to make.
Your kind words are greatly appreciated. It feels good to know that I may have helped someone get a little closer to the joy that building and playing cigar box guitars brings me.
Take care, have fun, and always feel free to ask questions! 🙂
wanted to let you know your videos have given me the inspiration to build my own CBG and tackle the more scary parts like cutting out the neck – haven’t got to the frets yet !.
Thanks again – its like having your own wood work teacher when ever you need him